Monday, April 20, 2009

IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN TWILIGHT, AND YOU DON'T WANT SPOILERS, STOP NOW


Discovered that Robert Pattinson is musical. Weeeeee! That's so cool! And I discovered that the soulful and painfully beautiful song during the flashback scenes after bella fell unconscious and before she opened her eyes in the hospital was his song, and sang by him!!! I felt like passing out from excitement over this new little info! P/s: I'm not a fangirl teenybopper. But I'm glad that he got other talent other than making girls scream and faint.


I like his voice a lot. This is my kinda thing. People commented that he sings like a drunk. They can't understand what he's singing about, and then go on about how he suck at being a musician. But I like drunk singing! Look at my other fav musicians; Bob Dylan, Joni Mitchell, TORI AMOS, Elizabeth Fraser, etc. They all sing vaguely. And that's the beautiful thing. They are using their voices as an instrument itself. The words aren't necessary. Sometimes, I don't know if it's just me, I love songs like that more because I can feel the meaning of the song just by listening to the molody and the voice. Who needs lyrics? Who needs lyrics that makes sense if you can figure out everything just by the raw emotion in the voice. You guys should practice this by listening to Cocteau Twins. All their songs are undecipherable lyrically. But just listen...that's what music is all about! P/s: Cocteau Twins's lead singer is Elizabeth Fraser and I love her to bits!



So, I love that Rob is into music. He should go and make an album. I'd totally buy it! (or download it lol shhh don't tell him!).




TWILIGHT REVIEW AHEAD! spoilers!

And I realized that I'm not really swooning over Rob. I'm quite surprised too. Coz all girls go craaaazy over him. But not me. I think it's a good thing...hehe. I just admire him for his talent. Though I must admit that he's not that good as Edward. He's a little too forced and unnatural. I somehow blame it on the director, though. I feel that she didn't really coach them on how to act on the characters. Kristen Stewart was AWFUL! She made Bella seemed like she has this one-track personality, while the real Bella has much more sides of her. Ugh I'm just disappointed. The chemistry between them is so awkward, and that is because the scenes were rushed. The director or screenwriter should've put more scenes where they shared meaningful conversations and the getting to know each other phase. In the book, they were always asking questions to each other, and their relationship develops. And their relationship was FUN! Not always somber and gloomy :(


With that said, the movie was just OK, really need to step it up a notch by the next movie coming out in 2011. Really need to improve! Sometimes I feel like I wanna be the director! I'll go next to the set of New Moon, and during breaks I will coax the actors to go to my set and re-act the Twilight movie! And I will shoot it in my way! And I have this brilliant conversation with my bro the other day, he said wow that can be a parody movie. I said, well, the real movie itself is comparable to a parody movie, so what should we call this?? He said, it's a parody of a parody, so its neutralizes and makes my movie the actual Twilight movie! How awesome! (im rambling, hope you can understand). Hmm, not sure if the cast will agree to it. I think I'll spike their drink with some substance that'll make them obey to my commands! Muahahahhhaha!



But seriously, I have great vision on how I wanna direct this movie. I'll make a great director. Please let this new director be good! And please send all the cast to an acting school! They are godawful! Kristen is so beautiful, but she can't act. Huhu I love you Kristen~ Please learn more, kay?



Parts of the movie that I like: The first kissing scene in her bedroom. I seriously can't take my eyes off the screen. I was biting my fingers and not blinking, my eyes fixed on the scene. Silence. My bro too are silent. It was so hot, I wish she was me. Oh lord! For the first time, they are brilliant! I can't get over how amazing that kiss was. When he pulled away from the kiss and hit the wall, all I can say is WOW. Intense stuff.

Next, the baseball scene. The visuals was AMAZING. I love how Alice pitch the ball with such beauty and grace! The speed, wow. Everything is perfect. Until the 3 evil vampires some along. Bitches! haha

Lastly, the fighting scene, Bella got tossed around. James breaking her leg was painful to watch! I just wanna scream "Let her go, bitch!". And when she got glass in her arm, and she yanked it out - OUCH! When Edward comes to the rescue. When he bites James and a chunk of flesh comes out! yay! I especially loved when they discovered that Bella has the venom inside her, and she writhed in pain. And Edward has to suck to get the venom out and couldn't stop...that scene was sad coz I know how Edward feels and it's hard for him. The montage I said earlier that has the Let Me Sign song by Rob...luv luv luv. But that's all. The hospital scene was awkward again.



That's all. Review OVER.



I bought New Moon and Eclipse on Sunday. I can't read now, sadly. Exam spans across 3 weeks. *sigh*


My bro is trying to read Twilight. Hope he got through it. It was so hard for me to finish that thick book. The books get thicker as you go along. Saw the thickness of Breaking Dawn and I was like OH MY GOD! You gotta be kidding me. Sometimes I feel like Stephenie Meyer was rambling.

No comments: