Wednesday, March 19, 2008

movies!!! omgah

The past few days of the week, I've been lazying around and procrastinate. Instead of doing my revision and figure out the coding for my project, I've been watching movie instead. Here's my list of movies that I watched during my lazybumness:

1. Taxi Driver
2. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
3. Goodfellas
4. Fast Times at Ridgemont High

And all of these are very good movies. I must admit that with all these movies that I watched, I felt very enlightened. I can let out a sigh of contentment after each one. Thank God for great movies. I seemed to like 'challenging' movies...you know, like the movies that is NOT for entertainment purposes, but really challenging and disturbing. Challenge your mind and disturb them at the same time. Muahahahaha sound evil, doesn't it?

If you wanna get your brain fucked around and really test it out, you should watch Taxi Driver, Eternal Sunshine and Goodfellas. There's a lot more...but I can't think of anything else at the time. Another one is Requiem For A Dream...this one I watched at tv-links a long time ago and I haven't download it on my pc. One of the reasons is that after I watched it for the first time, I swear I can never watch it again. So I don't even care to download it. Please watch for yourself, and you'll understand exactly what I felt.

Now I'm gonna ramble on about what I think of the movies listed above. First is Taxi Driver. Great movie with shocking ending. I have no idea this is the movie where the quote is very popular. This is actually the movie where DeNiro said "You talkin' to me?" repeatedly. Hahaha I was excited when I found out during the movie.

The second one, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, is officially in my favorites now. I love this movie so much! It's so touching, far from the science fiction facade. Jim Carrey and Kate Winslet is so convincing as couples in this movie. They're just too cute and adorable. You must watch this if you're my friend!!!

Goodfellas. What more can I say? Voted number one movie ever! I usually don't like mafia or mobster films, but this is actually great! Lotsa funny moments in it...not just seriousness and killing spree. To top it off, it's actually based on real persons. I watched this again this afternoon...haha after discovering that I missed the fucking class ;)

And Fast Times at Ridgemont High is an old school high school movie. I think it's just plain old teenage movies. But a lot more talented kids la...and I got to see Sean Penn as a youngster playing a surfer dude on dope. LOL too funny I think, considering he is always serious in his recent roles.

OK that's all from me. I sucked at reviews. so I just write about what I personally feel about the movies. There's a lot more movies on my lappie that I didn't watched yet...coz either it's too heavy or gory, or I'm scared to see it at the moment. Bye!

No comments: