Saturday, March 22, 2008

rediscovering

Forgot to talk about this...this morning I turned on to MTV and suddenly Ricky Martin appeared before me. I dunno what MTV is today, crazy or something, but they showed the very long ago unplugged concert of dear Ricky! And he was singing a song that was dear to me long time ago while I was still in primary school! How cool is that? Suddenly all my 'childhood' memory came flooding. I immediately thought about my bestie back then, Dee and SMSed her. LOL I don't know why I was so excited. It used to be our biggest kept secret: that we loved Ricky Martin. But I won't tell you guys what we called to refer to him as. Big secret!

So...if those who know me well, it is absolutely natural for me to search every damn thing about something I'm excited about. I searched limewire for all my beloved songs from Ricky Martin that I seem to forgot all the words to. Funny how we once knew a song so well it was natural to sing at that time, to totally forgot how the song goes as years go by. Artists come and go, you know. And I grow to like other artists, and much indie or singer-songwriter stuff, that sometimes I'm ashamed of the kinda artists I used to like as a teeny bopper!

It boggles me how much music played its role in my life...Someday I wanna map out my favorite artists during a timeline!

No comments: