Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I can smell my emptiness...

Part of me said give in
And the other said let go.

I feel so depressed today. Not because my life sucks. But because of someone else's life. The peoples who don't really exist.

Fictional characters.

Why?

Coz I finished the book. My Sister's Keeper really broke my heart last night. I finished it in 5 hours straight. Well, of course not from cover to cover, but I picked up where I left my bookmark at. From slightly after the middle, and right through the end.

I cried so hard. I don't think I've cried this much when reading a book. ARGH I can't even put it into words! I was sobbing like mad. Why does it have to end like that? Jodi! Why??

I hate the way it ends, but at the same time, without that particular ending, the book won't be as what it is. It won't be as effective and heart tugging. So I must accept the fact and fate of the characters with all my heart. This book is extremely well written. I would recommend it to everyone. I think I've never been so engaged in a book right from the start before. This book grabs my heart from the prologue right to the end. Even though at certain point in the middle of the book, I felt like I wanna get right to the ending. Coz towards the middle, things are kinda boring, but it is important to the plot just as much. Coz I wanna know the facts and what really happened in the lives of all these people.

My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult! Remember the title for when you go to the bookstores! Definitely a keeper.

No comments: