Monday, November 17, 2008

new hope

Good news: I joined Fitness First! And I quit Keep Slim!

I went to my first appointment with the personal trainer yesterday 11AM. I was nervous, but she was so friendly. So I'm at ease with her. But it's a bit awkward coz I;ve never been into a gym before (apart from the 'gym' at my matrix haha). The equipments are very scary looking for this first timer. She's really fast! Bringing me from this equipment to the next, which I think she silently chosen for me. At the end of the workout I was sweating and huffing! My shirt was wet, and my hair looks like I had just gone out of the shower. And the strange thing is that I feel that I was doing it so easily. Maybe that has something to do with the fast-ness of my personal trainer. Haha :) I don't feel the time at all. I feel like I wanna do more! Whoa. Maybe this is the effect if you exercise with a personal trainer. No wonder people are paying big bucks for their service!

The effect of the workout is that I can't stop sweating after that. I felt very hot! And the absolute aftermath of the exercise is that my muscles felt very sengal and painful (painful is too strong a word to use here, but my limited vocabulary is a pain). I'm still feeling the pain in my arms, shoulders, and mostly my thigh area. I think it's normal for a person who never exercised before, well other than walking and jogging of course. I'm liking it, this sengalness. It makes me feel that I've done something right for myself. The path of being healthier, and knowing that I'm doing it the proper way, by exercising. And not by laying there getting massaged, exposed to bio-ray and getting into a hot blanket.

I asked my mother to do the rest of my treatment. I'm so glad that she agreed, coz she knows that I hate the treatments. I think it suited her better coz she don't pack a lot of fat. Just a couple of kgs more. Can you imagine ME slimming down with only their treatment? From 120 kg to 56 kg just by laying there, lathered up and getting wrapped up? So I have to be realistic. I can't do the treatment for the long run. It is very expensive. And look at my 3 months there...not much difference at all. Better to plan for the long haul, coz being healthy and lose weight is a life-long battle. Exercise and balanced nutrition are the best bet. Tried and true from way back. But it's the discipline and dedication that I need to get used to.

So far, my first day was very good! I loved it. I love sweating. Makes me feel fresh and alive. Yay! I used to hate sweating but not anymore! Better to embrace it than to loathe it. :)

Now I just wish that the pain will go away tomorrow. And remembering my dreams.

P/s: The guys at the gym really intimidated me...sweaty, bulky...I don't think I can find em anywhere other than the gym. Thank God my personal trainer is with me, if I were to start going to the gym ALONE, I don't think I can get anything done coz I'd be shy and scared...LOL :D

I love first times!

No comments: