Monday, October 05, 2009

I am currently trying to drink coffee. Well not right now..but during this period. Over the weekend I bought a coffee from Tesco called Gold something, and I wonder what's up with these Gold labeled coffees? Nescafe have one, and I'm pretty sure every brand has one GOLD. What does it mean? Anyway, I noticed that Tesco coffees have the level of strongness. And I was definitely curious about that. For one, it's a spiffy label to give the idea on how strong the coffee is. But I don't know my tolerance towards coffee yet, so I chose level 3, which is medium strong. The scale is from 1-5, FYI. And I must say, it is quite strong for me! I drank this on Saturday night (quite a silly move, coz I'm not trying to stay up on a Saturday night!!) and sure enough, I can't sleep up until 5am. And it would been longer if I hadn't done something dramatic in bed...lol. I'm pretty impressed. I didn't bring it to the hostel, as I didn't have enough props here such as a kettle, a mug or spoons...I don't have sugar or creamer to add to the coffee, bla bla. Too much hassle.


I think I see myself as a tea person. I believe people can be categorized as tea or coffee person. It's not that I don't like coffee, per se, but I just don't drink it often. Usually I only start drinking coffee when exam season comes. I just drink it for the caffeine I guess. Hmm, I don't think coffee tastes bad to me, it can be extremely yummy! I love the smell of coffee. My dad is an avid coffee drinker. He prefers those Alicafe no sugar added coffee (he's diabetic), and can take up to 5 tall mug a day. There's either no caffeine in those, or my dad have a very high tolerance for caffeine that it doesn't affect him anymore. He's always sleepy despite all that coffee!

Well, back on topic. I think I don't really like the after taste. Coffee has this acidic aftertaste on my tongue afterward and that made my breath stink. I don't like anything that does that, Milo does that too, and I hate it. Some teas have that effect too, such as Lipton. Green tea is nice. I love Mate Tea. And the ultimate thing that I hate about coffee is the way it made me feel inside. No...not emotionally, ha ha! Emotionally I feel great. But my body always aches after drinking coffee. It feels like having fever, but minus the hot and colds. After experimenting for a bit throughout my coffee drinking experiences, I figured a solution to the prob. Um, not really solution, but it really lessen the aches a lot. I have to eat something before drinking coffee. Preferably something heavy, at least a bun or samich, and then I can proceed with the coffee. So, for those of you who had problems with coffee, you now know what to do!

Coffee entry, end!

3 comments:

jack johnson said...

"And it would been longer if I hadn't done something dramatic in bed...lol"


er... :P

jack johnson said...

o yea i prefer tea too.

Nashie said...

hahaha no comment!